Saturday, May 1, 2010

28th Annual Recital



Our recital theme this year was "Homecoming Revival" and all of the students played hymns and gospel songs.  We really enjoyed being able to know the words to each piece.  The students will also play their songs at our Homecoming Revival for preludes, postludes, and during dinner times.
I appreciated the parents and guests who attended.  It can become tense at times, but it encouraged the kids and teachers!  I did have to help a few students who were a little "down" on themselves afterwards and I let them know that I felt the same way during a few of my recitals.
During the week before each recital I always promise myself that I will never do this again...  Not a very great attitude, I guess.  I feel the nerves and fear of each student, plus my own and the other teachers.  I guess this is the time when I'm supposed to trust the Lord!  It can be easy to become "weary in well doing", but we can't stop because we are doing well when we teach our children to learn and perform the Lord's music.


I Chronicles 25:5 All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer in the words of Godto lift up the hornAnd God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters6All these were under the hands of their father for song in the house of the LORDwith cymbalspsalteriesand harpsfor the service of the house of Godaccording to the king’s order to AsaphJeduthun,and Heman7So the number of themwith their brethren that were instructed in the songs of the LORDeven all that were cunningwas two hundred fourscore and eight.


Special thanks to Mrs. Amy Robinson, Miss DeAnna Gray, Miss Suzanna Jordan, and Mrs. Martha Duckett.  Mr. Russell Lewis was unable to attend due to a concert, but his students did a fine job playing their hymns.

No comments:

Post a Comment