Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mrs. Martha Duckett


(pictured: Becky Duckett Lyons, Mrs. Martha Duckett, Amy Ducket Robinsin, Emily Robinson)

She doesn't make a splash or demand attention, she is just always there filling her role.  I think of her as my "big sister" and neighbor.  Mrs. Martha Duckett has always just been WILLING to be used.  I can't say enough about her willing and helpful spirit.  We've sort of grown up together raising our families, carpooling, and teaching each other's children.  She's just someone you can count on.  The one thing that is really outstanding about her is that she is a very talented singer, not a haughty person or pushy about her voice, but a servant of the Lord.
Today, she sang a solo, one of my favorites..."As We Sail to Heaven's Shore".   This song went straight to the heart and it will be with me for several days or weeks.
I just wanted to talk about Mrs. Duckett, she's a blessing in every way and she is my example.  I love you Mrs. Duckett.

No comments:

Post a Comment