Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Best Laid Plans





Tonight was a real "juggling" act.  Like a novice, I scheduled two new specials for the Sunday after our Big Day with our Ladies' Banquet this week!  So, I had to ask DeAnna to practice for the ladies' banquet in the fellowship hall.  I had the men's quartet practicing for a new song right after the Bible study and the Men's ensemble waiting in the hallway for the next rehearsal.
After a few tries at our newest quartet song, a brave group member said, "We need a few more weeks and a couple more hundred times singing this song before we're ready!"  So, I conceded.  "Let's do an old one!"  We felt like a failure for about ten seconds, then we felt better about the whole decision.
The next group came in.  "We're singing a new song this Sunday night!"  Well, after a few runs, we were ready!  Praise the Lord.  One plan may come through!
No matter how you practice, plan, or schedule, the end result is the Lord's doing.  We can't take the credit for what He does and we can't always blame ourselves for the way a course may change.  I used to beat myself up after every service that didn't go as I planned.  Well, I was a mess!
We can only do what is in our power, then pray and allow God to do His work.  It's easy to look at every other church's music and think, "I wish I had theirs..."  Take it from me, we all have our own shares of blessings and burdens, and it is assigned to us by the Lord.
Praise the Lord for the opportunity to help and try to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment