Friday, July 2, 2010

Organizing Priorities


I am so blessed to have a wonderful job in the ministry.  I love what I do and the people that I work alongside.  Another benefit is some flexibility in my schedule.  There are times when my family needs more attention than other times, like this past week - my granddaughter, Kate, was born!
Weighing in at a whopping 7 pounds 3 ounces, Kate has turned our world upside down.  Victoria delivered by C-section on Wednesday, June 23rd.  I became very ill on that day and had to leave the hospital before the delivery.  During that time as I lay in bed while my daughter was in labor, the Lord seemed to let me know that all would be well, even without my involvement!  Yes, the Lord would take care of Victoria, the baby, the doctor and nurses, and make sure that the pictures were taken...
Joanna Bagwell, a lifetime friend of my girls, came up to labor and delivery from her job in the hospital clerk's office.  She took more pictures than I would have and did a great job!  She provided "support" for Jessica and Victoria.  Even today I don't regret not being there because it must have been the Lord's doing, I couldn't think about being in the delivery room that day!
I was able to be there at the hospital the next two days and bring Victoria and the baby home to our house for a few days of recuperation.  On Monday we took the baby for a consultation with the nurse and discovered she had jaundice, so back into the hospital she went.  Victoria and Kate stayed in the hospital for three days.  I was back and forth during this time and missed a few scheduled meetings.  Today, Friday, we took Kate for her follow-up visit and found out that she has gained weight and is doing well.
My pastor has allowed me to be a mom and "Gigi" to Kate without my feeling guilty.  The music ministry has always been at the back of my mind and in my prayers.  I have been able to do some organizing work and typing and I'm ready to get back into the full "swing" of things, if the Lord allows!
When circumstances are totally out of your control it is easy to become frustrated or to feel useless, but God is doing a work on you.  He sometimes needs to show us that the ministry is not about us, it's about Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit, and helping people.  We need to live our lives fulfilling God's purposes.  My family is my primary responsibility, but my church sustains my family.  My music ministry is a bonus, it is a blessing for me to be able to do.
My church will and can survive without me, but I cannot survive without my church!

No comments:

Post a Comment