Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Great Weekend




This weekend we went to Walls, Mississippi to the Bethel Baptist Church Ladies' Conference.  We were blessed with great Bible teaching, fun!!, great music, fellowship, and encouraging words.  We met new friends and old ones.  We were also blessed with perfect weather on the way there and the way back, in spite of storms at the church when we left.  I was a little tired from the trip on Sunday, but the Lord sure did bless us!
This weekend our PraiseHymn Ladies' Ensemble sang "Jesus, You are the One" and John Robinson and Chandler Tolley sang "Ten Thousand Years".  On Sunday night our Men's Choir sang!!  We sure did enjoy that.  The choir was filled with the men of the church who have practiced the past four weeks.  They started with the opener "The Fight is On".  The first special they sang was "The Haven of Rest".  They ended with an a capella chorus. Wow!! They ended with "Hallelujah, We Shall Rise".  Pastor sang along too.
The Sunday night special was the TBC Chorale.  They sang a new arrangement of "The Morning Trumpet" by James Koerts (Soundforth) and "O I Want to Know You More/More About Jesus".  I was blessed myself!!! Both were new songs and they put their hearts into it and did a wonderful job.
I am praising the Lord for the people of our church, the pianists, sound men, and also for doing the work!!!
Psalm 104:33 - I will sing unto the LORD as long as I liveI will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34. My meditation of him shall be sweetI will be glad in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment