Saturday, March 27, 2010

Grandmotherly Day


Today I had the privilege of taking my daughter to the store to register for her baby needs and baby shower. I'm a fill-in for her husband, Leonard, who is at Lackland AFB, in San Antonio, TX. He's waiting on his orders to go to Osan AFB, Korea. When I found out Victoria was going to be an air force wife I thought I'd never be able to see her as often as I would like. It has turned out a little differently. She has been able to live with us for the past six months and will be living in a duplex right around the corner from us. We'll be able to be with her for the birth of their first child - Kate, due June 23, and spend most of Kate's first year watching her grow and come to the church nursery. After Leonard's year at Osan, we'll be saying "goodbye" as they move to Juneau, Alaska - it looks like. I can't wait to go to Alaska...really! God does work all things for good, and I sure do love Him. Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment